Pastor Walter Sotelo shares about the challenges of church planting in New York City and the privilege of engaging the lost in a modern day Babylon that has a global influence. He has served in New York City for over 25 years as a pastor, mobilizer, church planter and more recently he has seen the need to be a peacemaker
Pastor Walter Sotelo shares about the challenges of church planting in New York City, casting vision within a new church plant and his hope for the church in America’s cities. Currently, he serves as the Chairman of the Board at NYC Love Kitchen in Washington Heights, a neighborhood in New York City.
Scripture Referenced in Episode:
- New York City, a privileged position to minister in a modern day Babylon
- Impact of Tim Keller’s leadership on him
- Three examples and challenges of church planting in New York City
- Growing spiritually through relationships
- Where does peacemaking begin?
- Observations: NYC during 2020 protests
- Heart for unity among Christians in New York City
- Location, location, location: the city on a hill
Links Related to Episode: