Kate McCord lived in Afghanistan for 9 years after the fall of the Taliban in the early 2000’s. Today, the Taliban rules Afghanistan again.
In this Best of Heart for Muslims Edition, her story provides a glimpse of Afghans who endured Taliban rule. Kate’s story gives voice to their stories—a powerful reminder to look beyond the statistics and consider people who bear God’s image.
During Kate’s time there, Afghanistan was a danger zone for women and foreigners. But this American woman shared Jesus’ story with Afghan women, women who became friends.
This episode is the second installment of a two part series. She spoke at the 2016 Heart for Muslims Conference.
What You’ll Learn:
- A way to share Jesus’s story in a personal way
- How praying with someone or for someone can draw that person to Jesus
- How sharing your story with someone else can change you both
About the Guest:
Kate McCord is a story teller, mentor and former aid worker who is so in love with Jesus that she still thought “going to Afghanistan with him was a really good idea”. She worked and lived in Afghanistan for a total of nine years.
Under her protective pseudonym, she has published three books: In the Land of Blue Burqas, Why God Calls Us to Dangerous Places, and Farewell, Four Waters.
Scripture Related to This Episode:
Links Related to This Episode:
- Fear Filled Stories in America
- What to Serve Your Muslim Friend for Dinner?
- Sharing Life on Purpose
- International Women’s Day Celebration in Afghanistan, #IWD
- Asking the Second Question
- Praying with Muslim Friends
- Sharing the Four Spiritual Laws
- Sharing the Parable of the Prodigal Son
- How Kate’s Story Changed Because of Her Time in Afghanistan
- How Her Friend’s Story Changed Because of Jesus
- Life in God’s Story