Kate McCord lived in Afghanistan for 9 years after the fall of the Taliban in the early 2000’s. Today, the Taliban rules Afghanistan again.
In this Best of Heart for Muslims Edition, her story provides a glimpse of Afghans who endured Taliban rule. Kate’s story gives voice to their stories—a powerful reminder to look beyond the statistics and consider people who bear God’s image.
During Kate’s time there, Afghanistan was a danger zone for women and foreigners. But this American woman shared Jesus’ story with Afghan women, women who became friends.
This episode is the first part of a two part series, the presentation is originally from 2016 Heart for Muslims Conference.
- What Afghanistan was like before and after the fall of the Taliban
- How genuine relationships reveal the love and heart of Jesus
- About some of the culture, lifestyle and traditions in Afghanistan
About the Guest:
Kate McCord is a story teller, mentor and former aid worker who is so in love with Jesus that she still thought “going to Afghanistan with him was a really good idea”. She worked and lived in Afghanistan for a total of nine years.
Under her protective pseudonym, she has published three books: In the Land of Blue Burqas, Why God Calls Us to Dangerous Places, and Farewell, Four Waters.
Scripture Related to This Episode:
Links Related to This Episode:
- Confronting Stories in Afghanistan
- Advice for Christians Going Abroad
- Leading with Authenticity
- What Does Jesus Want to Say?
- Prayer Walking in Afghanistan
- Life Under the Taliban
- Affirming the Desire to Seek God
- In Afghanistan, an Unexpected Reaction to Christians
- Coming Back to America